Responsible for creating/approving service part quality standards and boundary samples.
Responsible for identifying/maintaining appearance master samples.
Responsible for selecting appropriate process controls, defining requirements for data collection, analysis and corrective action.
Ensures that the product is built in accordance with customer and divisional quality requirements while maintaining industrial processes, materials and production flow.
Identifies and reports quality problems or trends in the assigned area or product based on data from a variety of sources which includes work with the leadership group to provide resolution.
Recommends or implements the appropriate corrective action to quality problems in the assigned area, with the aid of engineering, purchasing, etc.
Reviews all documentation related to product quality in the assigned area, such as test procedures and operation sheets and approves as appropriate to ensure product quality.
Evaluates and transacts nonconforming material and initiates supplier containment and corrective actions. Documents quality issues and trends/establishes prioritized improvements and best business practices.
Ensures that process changes meet customer requirements. Responsible for updating quality documentation and completing required documentation for customer approval.
Education + Experience
Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years related experience. Related experience, training, education or some combination of all three may be considered.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effective and professional communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Basic Trigonometry is required to calculate some dimensions not listed on drawing.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Must have the ability to apply the above to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs.